Thursday, March 31, 2011

Revision Wars

I apologize for my blog silence lately and promise to make the rounds and see what all of my writing friends are up to this afternoon.  My excuse -- my Muse and my highly-organized list of needed edits have been at war, neither one giving quarter.  It is like a constant argument streaming through me head.  My muse weeping "you can't cut that scene," while her nemesis of an editorial list laughs back "I'll do more than cut the scene, I'll kill the entire character."

So whose winning?  Hmm . . . not sure yet; we are at a virtual standstill.

6 comments:

  1. I am certain you will break your standstill soon. Besides, what can it hurt to cut? Just save it as a new name and see where you go. You can always put it back in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesky revisions! I understand perfectly. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you've just gotta ditch the blogging for a while to make time for writing--good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Trisha - we're rooting for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand - all those pretty words. The edit side says, "They don't work any more." Eventually the revision wins. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds painful! I'll be there myself soon - eek! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete