Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Goodreads and ARC Tours

As most of you know, I don't usually read my reviews on Goodreads. I have a couple of brave author friends who sift through them every week and forward me the ones that stand-out.  It's not because I don't want to interact with me readers (I ADORE MY READERS, would talk to them all day, everyday if I could) But rather because I don't want to be consumed by what other people think of my book. I don't want their expectations to define my voice, impact the decisions I make for my characters, and/or have me second guessing the pot direction I have chosen. Essentially, I write in a bubble, and any leak in that bubble before the first draft is done sets me off on a tailspin.

However, after a not so gentle nudge from a dear friends, I went into my Goodreads account to take a quick peek at how the ARCs for my YA Contemporary, THE SECRETS WE KEEP, are being received.  To say I was stunned, would be the understatement of the century.  So far, the early reviews are fantastic!

Here is one of my favorites:

"I read this book in one sitting, locking doors and turning off phones so I could discover how it ends. Yeah, it's that good. Trisha Leaver's voice is one of my absolute favorites--so strong and unique and authentic--and the world in THE SECRETS WE KEEP is so compelling, the plot so twisty, that it is difficult, if not impossible, to put down.
You don't want to miss this one, guys: five gigantic stars."
~Marci Curtis, author or THE ONE THING (Disney-Hyperion, 2015)


If you haven't added it to your TBR Pile, here's the Goodreads link.  I am still in the process of setting up the ARC tours so, if you want to be an early reviewer and aren't opposed to moving the ARC along after you have read it, leave me a comment, and I will be in touch :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That's an awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I need to work out that arrangement with some author friends--scanning each other's reviews. =)

    ReplyDelete