Saturday, June 2, 2012

LEAVING EDEN




Most of my blog followers know me as a YA Contemporary Writer, and I am.  I love all the angst, and drama, and the swing of emotions that plague the teenage years.  I write YA contemporary with a passion, fueled my my own memories and a deep need to pour my crazy emotional swings onto paper.

What I also love is a good horror! So, although I ride solo when it comes to all things contemporary, I partner with the talented (and a tad bit twisted) Lindsay Currie when it comes to writing my YA Horror.  I promised to share some quotes from our joint project. LEAVING EDEN, as soon as revisions were done.  Well the revisions are done and the teasers are now LIVE on our joint website www.yawriters.com! Hop on by and take a peek -- with the lights on, of course:)

22 comments:

  1. Hell yeah baby. HELL YEAH. And for the record, you're every bit as twisted as me -- hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for horror! I didn't know you were working on a horror project. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad, Elizabeth; not many people knew I was working on a horror. It was like my dirty little secret :)

      Delete
  3. This is one BADASS novel. You guys are seriously talented...and a bit demented. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tonya. And I will take the demented comment as a compliment!

      Delete
  4. ooh, sounds creepy bad. Great excerpts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcie. It's a bit darker then SILO . . . if you can believe that.

      Delete
  5. Hey, heading over now, but I thought I'd mention how much I love the name!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Stranger! How doe the writing go on your end. Miss our weekly group chats.

      Delete
  6. I'm going to go and take a look! I love hearing about other duos taking on the feat of writing a novel together! christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, I too love hearing about yours and Christy's writing adventurers. Writing can be a lonely process. Adding a co-author, one that fits so well with your writing style, can make it all the more fun. Not to mention productive!

      Delete
  7. I love my twisted friends! :) So excited for this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twisted you say? I will take that as a compliment :)

      Delete
  8. Woohoo! Great writers, awesome site, freaky blurb. What else could any Horror reader want? Well, to read it of course! (And your idea sounds like it would make a creepy movie, too.) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lexa. As a fellow horror writer, your praise means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome about the pairing. :) Horror is a lot of fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horror is a crazy fun genre to write. I can pour all the angst of my days into my characters and nobody complains :)

      Delete
  11. I am so excited to read this book. This sounds so fun!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait for you and the rest of my cheering team to read it!

      Delete
  12. I just read my first horror book since the 1980's and it was fabulous. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete