Monday, September 19, 2011

An Indescribable High

This past Friday I finished a set of revisions to a YA contemporary manuscript I've been working on for the past six weeks.  This book has plagued me for the better part of a year. It's been tossed around to critique partners, hacked down to bare bones, and built back up, only for me to do it all over again.   Even when I put it aside to work on my Spec. Fiction pieces, it festers in the back of my mind, egging me on, daring me to make the characters stronger, more flawed, more complex. And now  it's done, officially revised to completion . . . for now anyway!

The best part?  Saturday morning I climbed out of bed and got to write the first word, of the first sentence, in the first chapter of a brand new YA contemporary.  Starting something new, knowing that I have a new set of characters leading the way is an indescribable high for me.  In fact, it may just be better than coffee!

15 comments:

  1. Yippee! Congrats, both on the revisions and on the new work. I know that feeling - it's wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congrats on both. It is a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing and beginning. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations on the revisions, and I SO agree-->when I started my current WIP, after working on a novel that was almost killing me, I couldn't stop beaming! Even now, after 3 months, I still love this current WIP! I hope this same, fresh, new love feeling stays with you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Trisha. I can only imagine what that feels like. You = my new role model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What an incredible feeling. I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! You are my hero! Someday I'll finish ms like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot!! There is NOTHING like a fresh page....ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! What a relief to not have the pressure of revising, and just be able to start something fresh and just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Trisha! I cannot even imagine how great that feels. (It must be pretty damn awesome, if you think it's better than coffee... *grins*)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your new adventure. There is nothing like it! Looking forward to following your progress with the shiny new manuscript.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that feeling! Congrats on finishing up the edits and beginning a new work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!! :) That's got to be an amazing feeling!! So, are you gearing up to query, too? Best of luck with the finished and the new projects!

    ReplyDelete