Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where are my fellow YA Contemporary Writers

Where oh where are my fellow YA contemporary authors?  I know you are out there; I have connected with a few of you in the past :)  And now I need your keen eye and honesty.

I have hit a crossroads in my revisions and would love to find a few fellow YA contemporary writers to bounce it off of.  I'll even return the favor, line edits and all if that is what you want/need!  I have an amazingly talented base of critique partners who have been invaluable throughout this entire process.  They write some of the best YA Fantasy and Paranormal I have had the privilege of ever critiquing.  But I need the eye and creative spark of a fellow YA contemporary writer to give me one last read.



11 comments:

  1. Here we are! Or, well, I am.
    And yes, we need more contemp love in the kidlit world. Hope you find some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry~ I have an idea for a contemporary YA, but I'm not ready to write it yet...which means you probably want someone else's eyes. Best of luck finding a critiquer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a YA contemp writer! I'd be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read what you've got :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love ya contemporary, but alas,ya paranormal romance is more my niche...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I write contemp. YA. I'm actually interviewing your writing partner Lindsey this week! Well, Friday after she gets back from vacay. I found your blog while doing research b4 sending her my questions - would love to swap w/ you!

    If you still need someone, let me know. I just spent 12 hrs. today revising my own YA mystery based on feedback. I'm a former journalist - used to prof. editing so I'm picky.

    Email: rewrighter@gmail.com or my blog is http://foreverrewrighting.blogspot.com. Do stop by Friday to read Lindsey's interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry - Lindsay! *angry eyes at self* Apologize for the misspelling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have lots of volunteers for help, but if you need another one, contact me. sixbird(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're interested in connecting with me, let me know! I'd love to take a look and have you look at some of mine.

    ralpine@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fellow contemp writer here. I am always looking for a new buddy who is also well read in the YA contemp genre.

    ReplyDelete